Monday, April 27, 2009

Why do we exist?

The 1st question to the Westminster Catechism asks "What is the Chief end of man"?

The answer is, "The chief end of man is to Glorify God (1) and enjoy Him forever (2)"!

The Biblical References to the 1st part of the question are:

Romans 11:36 "For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen.

I Corinthians 6:20 "For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body".

I Corinthians 10:31 "Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God".


The Biblical references to the 2nd part of the question is reflected in the following verses:

Psalm 144:15 "....How blessed are the people whose God is the Lord".

Isaiah 12:2 "Behold, God is my salvation,
I will trust and not be afraid;
For the Lord God is my strength and song,
And He has become my salvation".

Philipians 4:4 "Rejoice in the Lord always; again I say, rejoice".

Rev 21:3-4 "And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the 1st things have passed away""

No comments: